SQL Exception when attempting to Delete a Variable Set Used in Multiple Projects

Sorry, I created a thread about this a while ago, but never replied, and it’s now closed.

Here’s the original post:

Exception occurred while executing a reader for SELECT * FROM dbo.[Project] WHERE ([Id] IN (@id0_0, @id1_1, @id2_2... @id5127_5127)) ORDER BY [Id]
SQL Error 8003 - The incoming request has too many parameters. The server supports a maximum of 2100 parameters. Reduce the number of parameters and resend the request.

This occurred when attempting to delete a Variable Set contained by multiple projects.

You replied asking for more details:

Hi Louis,

Thanks for reaching out. Apologies for the delayed response and sorry to hear you have hit this issue with Octopus. I have managed to reproduce the issue on our end, I have raised an issue for it here. This is something we have seen in the past with other queries on large data sets. We will try and get a fix out for it in an upcoming release.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Tom W

Cool; thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.