Variable Set attached to multiple projects

I am writing in reference to this closed ticket:

I am having the same issue and am wondering what version this issue got resolved in or if there is a work around for this issue.

The current version of Octopus that is running in our environment is: V2019.3.1 LTS

Thank you for your help.

Melinda Simmons
Computing System Innovations

Hi Melinda,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m terribly sorry to hear you’re hitting this issue. The bug report linked to in that thread was fixed in 2018.8.9, so your version (2019.3.1) should have this patched. Are you seeing this behavior while attempting to delete a variable set that’s included in more than 2100 projects? Could you send us some screenshots showing the error message and where you’re hitting it? I’d like to attempt to replicate it as you have in your scenario. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

HI Kenneth,

We do not have that many projects that are linked to the variable set we are trying to delete. Here is a screen shot of the error we receive. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your help.

Melinda

Hi Melinda,

Thanks for following up and providing that additional information. This error message is indicating this variable set is currently included in those 2 projects (TM Web Service and Showcase Docketing) and is used in some releases of those projects. The variable set would have to be removed from those projects, and those releases would need to be deleted in order to delete this variable set. We enforce this because deleting the set without deleting the releases would essentially break those releases.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks for your help. I think we are good now.

Melinda

Hi Melinda,

You’re very welcome, great to hear you’re all set! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.