Deploying services to Docker Swarm

Hi. I want to deploy services to a Docker Swarm cluster and the only option I can find is deploy as a “run a script” template, using docker-compose.yml and regular docker swarm commands. Are there any other options and do you plan to add any docker swarm templates? Thanks

Good afternoon @Maksym,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately we do not have any plans that I know of at the moment to add docker swarm templates so the run a script step which you mentioned would be the way to go to deploy to your docker swarm cluster.

I have asked our engineers about this just in case we do have something in the pipeline and I will get back to you with an update when I have it.

In the meantime, for any feature requests we do have a Roadmap Page you can take a look at which details what we are working on and what us under consideration. If you could put this feature request on that page by clicking the ‘Submit Idea’ button on the right hand side of the roadmap page that will get sent to our engineers who can see if there is enough interest to implement it.

I will be in touch but the best way to requests a feature is to submit an idea on the roadmap page.

Reach out if you have any further questions as we do love to help!

Kind Regards,
Clare

Hey @Maksym,

Sorry for the double post here but I did find these articles on our forums which may help, I have never used Docker Swarm so unsure if the suggestions in here would be suitable but they may be easier than the run a script step for now. Everything I have seen from the Octopus side points to the fact we were looking at implementing Docker Swarm templates but I think the focus has been more on Kubernetes since that is what most of our customers use.

The third forum post is what I think you are doing already so that one may not help.

I did contact the engineers but I wont hear back from them until at least tomorrow as they are based in Australia so wont be online until later on tonight.

Kind Regards,
Clare