Dashboard slow to scroll

We’re on the latest Octopus, but it seems like performance has regressed in the latest release.

We have only 22 projects with 3 release stages each, across 8 project groups.

The performance seems to improve over time scrolling back and forth, but that’s not a realistic scenario.

I found the following closed issue, Dashboard very slow due to number of projects - While the performance is not horrible like the 45 seconds described in this ticket, I thought I would make the team aware in cash the issue is due to a “snowball effect” that will get worse as we continue to add more projects.

Note: We are a paying customer, I just am not the person with the support login.

Hi John,

Thanks for getting in touch and for letting us know.

Could you please confirm which version of Octopus you’re running (and which browser you’re using)?

How long does the screen take to initially load?

We attempted to reproduce on the latest version, but we’re not seeing any laggy scrolling even if we scale up to 20 project groups with deployments spread across 20 projects and 20 environments, but that said, we are aware of performance issues on the main dashboard as you scale.

We have an existing issue that will be looking at alternative ways to display data to avoid rendering performance issues at scale.

There was a version of Octopus where we experimented with virtual scrolling to avoid rendering performance issues, but this caused a lot of UX issues so we had to roll back. So we’ll check your version and confirm whether virtual scrolling may be the issue you’re seeing.

Cheers
Mark

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.