Channel version rule with multiple steps

Hi,
when adding many steps to version rule

it stores them correctly, but when clicking it again it clears it

and you need to add all of them again. I’m using v2019.2.4 (cloud).

-Kamil

Hi Kamil,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected and inconvenient issue. I actually haven’t been able to reproduce this behavior in 2019.2.4, however. I’m wondering if it’s somehow caused by browser caching; do you experience the same behavior in another browser, or after clearing your cache/in incognito mode?

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi @Kenneth_Bates
I’ve tried it on both: firefox and chrome incognito. Same results.

Hi @Kenneth_Bates, I have the same problem as Kamil. It happens in a few projects only, but works fine in others. If I clone a project in which this happens, it also happens in the cloned project.

Hi Kamil and @jakub.januszkiewicz,

Thanks for following up and providing that extra bit of information to help us narrow down what’s going on. Based on what Jakub added, it sounds like it’s project-specific; are you seeing this same behavior in any of your other projects Kamil?

Would either of you be willing to send us through an export of a project where you’re experiencing this behavior? You can export a project either via the preferred Octopus.Migrator.exe partial-export, or Octo.exe export command, and email the export to us at support at octopus dot com and I’ll pick it up there. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,
so far we’re experiencing this issue in two projects (both having multiple steps). If it’s ok I’ll drop exports here :slight_smile:

-Kamil

search.json (65.2 KB)
internal.json (38.9 KB)

@Kenneth_Bates were you able to find out anything new regarding this problem?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.