Azure Devops Server (on-premise) Push Package Build Information not working

I have just added the Push Package Build Information step to my (classic) pipeline in Azure DevOps Server but cannot get any information to flow through.
The step has an error of -
UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unable to get local issuer certificate at TLSSocket.onConnectSecure
and there is no information showing on Octopus > Library > Build Information

I have used the same Octopus connection as for the other Octopus steps (‘Package Application’ and ‘Push Package to Octopus’), and which has ‘Ignore SSL errors’ ticked.

Any suggestions?

Hi @helenbull,

Thanks for reaching out and all the information.

Does the task version that you’re on for Push Build Information have a section for additional arguments?

You can pipe in the ignore ssl errors parameter there, potentially: Build information - Octopus Deploy

--ignoreSslErrors

Please let me know what you think and how it goes.

Best,

Hi, thanks but unfortunately that hasn’t fixed it

Sorry to hear that. Can I ask what version of the task it is you’re running?

Are you able to send the log from the failed step in the pipeline? You can DM it to me if there is private information in it.

Best,
Jeremy

Push Package Build Information to Octopus

View raw log

Starting: Push Package Build Information to Octopus

Hi,

It looks like I only received 3 lines. Was it lost in transition?

Best,
Jeremy

Push Package Build Information to Octopus

View raw log
Starting: Push Package Build Information to Octopus

Task : Push Package Build Information to Octopus
Description : Collect information related to the build, including work items from commit messages, and push to your Octopus Deploy Server.
Version : 5.0.134
Author : Octopus Deploy
Help : Version: 5.2.134. More Information

(node:7084) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: unable to get local issuer certificate
at TLSSocket.onConnectSecure (_tls_wrap.js:1088:34)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:198:13)
at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:666:8)
(node:7084) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
(node:7084) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
Finishing: Push Package Build Information to Octopus

Not sure where the rest of it went…

Thanks for the information.

I’m going to need to reach out to the developers and see if there’s a way around this in newer versions.

Please feel free to reach out in the meantime.

Best,
Jeremy

Could you please do me one more favor and go to the step in question and click View YAML in the upper right and paste that here? Please feel free to censor anything necessary.

Best,
Jeremy

steps:

• task: octopusdeploy.octopus-deploy-build-release-tasks.octopus-metadata.OctopusMetadata@5
    displayName: ‘Push Package Build Information to Octopus’
    inputs:
    OctoConnectedServiceName: ‘CentralEnquiry Octopus connection 2022’
    Space: ‘Spaces-1’
    PackageId: CentralEnquiry
    PackageVersion: ‘$(Build.BuildNumber)’
    AdditionalArguments: ‘–ignoreSslErrors’

Hi and thank you so much for the YAML.

I passed that along to the developers but I just wanted to confirm, in the additional arguments section, are there two -s? I can’t tell if the forum’s formatting is making it look like one or if there is only one. Sorry for the weird question! If there is only one, can you test it again with 2?

Best,
Jeremy

Hi, yes there are definitely two - I get what you mean about the formatting, they have run together, but the screen shows two separate ones

No worries, thanks for confirming! I’ve passed along the YAML to the devs and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon.

Please feel free to reach out while we wait to hear back.

Best,
Jeremy

Hi,

They’re looking into getting this feature working in the new step, but can you please see if you have this step type: Push Package Build Information to Octopus (legacy)

We believe that this should respect that parameter if entered as an additional argument, but it will need octo to be on the agent running the job, which if it isn’t there you can install it via Octopus CLI Installer step in a step placed before the steps requiring it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, and how it goes if you test it.

Best,
Jeremy

Hi, unfortunately we don’t have the legacy step available, so no option on that one.
We can wait till your developers have a chance to resolve this - we’re just looking into automating more of our processes around deployment, and being able to email release notes directly instead of having to type them up looks like a very handy improvement :slight_smile:

Sorry about that, it’s a bummer how locked down ADO is with using old versions of steps. I’ve passed along to the developers that you’re currently stuck on this, as there appears to be no workaround. (Maybe they will have another idea)

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns in the meantime.

Best,
Jeremy

any updates on this one? we are getting the same as well.

also looks like it’s not only DevOps, we getting same error on the GitHub Actions created by OctopusDeploy as well, all actions with version number above 3 having same issue

Hi @Justin.liu,

Jeremy is offline at the moment, but I’m happy to help!

It looks like the engineering team has started to investigate this, and I relayed your latest message to the team via the thread Jeremy created for your support request and asked for an update.

I will let you know as soon as I have an update from the team, but let me know if I can be of any more help in the meantime.

Regards,

Britton

Hi @Justin.liu,

Apologies, I see you were commenting on another user’s post experiencing the same issue.

I’ve noted this in the engineering request Jeremy created, and I will let you know when I have an update.

Regards,

Britton

1 Like

hi @britton.riggs
just wondering any updates on this ?

thanks