Azure Devops Server (on-premise) Push Package Build Information not working

Hey Justin,

Britton is offline this week so I just want to make sure I fully understand the situation you’re running into.

To confirm, the issue you’re hitting is that you are getting SSL errors when using the latest version, but you don’t have the Legacy version in ADO?

For reference, it looks like this:

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best,
Jeremy

hi Jeremy,

that’s correct

thanks

Thanks for confirming.

Are you able to use the YAML and specify @5 at the end instead of 6 and it works, or does that also not work? This was the recommendation from the developer we spoke with.

Best,
Jeremy

sorry @5 getting same error as well

Thanks for confirming. I’ll let the developer know. Can you please paste the entire yaml of that step here so I can pass it along for them, as well as the error from the build log? (both v6 and v5 versions)

If necessary please DM for security/privacy reasons.

Best,
Jeremy

sorry just noticed that @5 belongs to the legecy one, the new one only has @6

Hey Justin, Thanks!

I’ll let them know that you can’t even try v5. Can you please paste the full error or DM it to me when using v6?

hi Jeremy,

here is the yaml:

steps:
- task: octopusdeploy.octopus-deploy-build-release-tasks.octopus-build-information.OctopusBuildInformation@6
  displayName: 'Push Package Build Information to Octopus'
  inputs:
    OctoConnectedServiceName: OctopusDeployPcr
    Space: 'PA Suite'
    PackageIds: JHG.Common.Services.PCR
    PackageVersion: '$(Build.BuildNumber)'

and the error:

Starting: Push Package Build Information to Octopus
==============================================================================
Task         : Push Package Build Information to Octopus
Description  : Collect information related to the build, including work items from commit messages, and push to your Octopus Deploy Server.
Version      : 6.0.502
Author       : Octopus Deploy
Help         : Version: 6.0.502. [More Information](https://g.octopushq.com/TFS-VSTS)
==============================================================================
##[error]A supported task execution handler was not found. The task does not carry an implementation that is compatible with your current operating system 'Windows(X64)'. Contact the task author for more details.
Finishing: Push Package Build Information to Octopus

but now the error is no longer saying local certificate.

Hey Justin,

Our developers took a look at this and believe you’re hitting this: v6 steps report the incorrect minimum agent version · Issue #304 · OctopusDeploy/OctoTFS · GitHub

Would you be able to upgrade your agent and see if it resolves for you?

Best,
Jeremy

Hey @Justin.liu,

The SSL issue you’re seeing should be fixed in v6, but you will need to ensure your Octopus Server connection configuration has Ignore SSL Errors ticked.

Please let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions.

Best,
Jeremy

thank you so much @jeremy.miller
can confirm this one now works.

Hey Justin,

You’re very welcome! Thanks for letting us know.

We’re here if you run into any other snags in the future.

Best,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.