An error occured reading the log file

Hi,
We are seeing an issue in our deployments where the image below appears.
It says that the deployment is not affected and has an issue reading the log file.

We are currently on version 2022.4.8505.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Kind Regards,
Micheál Power

Hi @mikepower79!

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your deployments.

As eluded to in the error message, we see this on scenarios where tasklogs are being written to external storage, and there are some delays or out-of-order writes being flushed from the write cache to disk.

Octopus writes to log file as the messages come back from the deployment agent, and the Server OS will send the writes to the storage device like:

Block 1000-1020 "123 Blah blah blah"
Block 1021-1030 "456 Blah blah blah"

The issue we were seeing is that the cache on the storage device fails to write the first block first, so Blocks 1021-1030 get written to their correct spot before 1000-1020 are written. In most cases, this works itself out, blocks 1000 - 1020 get written eventually, just out of sync.

Looking at this, and your other thread, it does seem like you might be having issues with your shared storage, which is where I would suggest starting your investigation.

I hope this helps point the way, and if there’s anything else I can do to assist with this, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.