There are lots of issues regarding IIS bindings, for example:
- Keep IIS bindings not define in the 'Bindings' of the step
- Support for configurable IIS bindings?
- IIS bindings - remove and add
I would like to propose to put it on the agenda again.
My current scenario is that I have a multi tenanted application with custom IIS bindings.
These IIS bindings are now stored in a scoped Variable and after Deploying the IIS Website, I have a powershelll script that adds all these bindings (over and over again) to this website.
The problem is: this means that I have downtime, which is killing for continuous deployment (multiple times a day).
The moment between Octopus is clearing the bindings, and my Add-Bindings powershell scripts is executed, there is downtime. And that is actually unacceptable.
So can you please improve this story? My 2 proposals:
- Give me a setting “Do not clear bindings”
- Make “adding bindings” scriptable or configurable in the “Deploy to IIS” step, for example pass a list of bindings. So replace the current static “Add Binding” dialog/feature