Will changing a sites Jira URL cause any issues with the use of Octopus Deploy

Will changing a sites Jira URL cause any issues with the use of Octopus Deploy

Hi @ray.ochs,

Welcome to the Octopus Community, thanks for reaching out!

Changing the Jira URL will prevent Octopus from retrieving Issues from Jira if it has been configured, and the connection URL will need to be updated. Check out our docs about it configuring it here: Jira issue tracking | Documentation and Support

In the Octopus Web Portal, navigate to Configuration ➜ Settings ➜ Jira Integration and enter the following values for your Jira instance:

• Jira Base URL. This tells Octopus where your Jira instance is located and enables Octopus to render the links back to Jira issues.

Please feel free to reach out if you run into any issues or have any questions at all!

Best Regards,

Thank you for that information. As a follow up question, since Atlassian still holds the old URL name as a reference to the new name so that you can still use the old URL, will a URL name change still break the link to Octopus?

Thank you

Hi @ray.ochs,

I haven’t been able to find any mention of having multiple URL’s for a Jira instance, I’d like to confirm if you are referring to Configuring the Base URL?

Under the Configuring Jira application options docs it mentions only one URL is possible:

The base URL of this Jira installation. You can only configure Jira to respond to a single URL and this setting must match the URL that your users request for accessing your Jira instance. You cannot (for example) have a different hostname or URL for internal and external users. This URL is also used in outgoing email notifications as the prefix for links to Jira issues.

If you’d like to share any screenshots of your process, that should make sure we are both on the same page and I should be able to confirm what’s going on, otherwise I found this forum post great for explaining how to configure proxies/reverse proxies for any redirects: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-create-multiple-URL-redirects-for-JIRA-and-Confluence/qaq-p/1035995

Let me know if you have any questions at all or if you are performing a different process!

Best Regards,