Width of Task Log output

Currently the output within the Task Log is truncated at what looks like 80 characters. Is there any way of increasing this to fit the page width?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting in touch. The amount of chars should acommodate to your screen size. On what resolution and browser are you running? Can you send a screenshot?

Thanks

Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

I’m using Chrome (43.0.2357.65 m) at a resolution of 1600x900. I’ve attached a screenshot. FYI the task being displayed is a simple PowerShell script.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Seems like your screenshot didn’t get attached. I wasnt able to reproduce this with chrome (42.0.2311.152 m) with that same res. I printed a Powershell string and it fitted 150+ chars

I’m gonna ask our front-end devs about this, but not sure how likely is that we can reproduce it.

Thanks,

Dalmiro

Whoops - here it is.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the screenshot, now i understand what you are talking about. Unfortunately i don’t have good news here. That width is set by the way Powershell returns its table-formatted output to the C# backend, and we cannot change it.

Perhaps in some cases it’ll be best if you pipe your output to Format-List to format everything as a list and be able to read it vertically.

Regards,

Dalmiro

Ahh - dammit. Ok, I’ll change things around.

Thanks for the help Dalmiro