Which permission governs the ability to download packages?

When I view my package repository via Octopus, I get a view like this:

But when my developers look at the same page, they can see the packages but not download them. (The package names appear, but not the download icon, and clicking on the name doesn’t download the package.)

Looking at the list of security roles, it’s not obvious which one governs this. How do I give them permissions to download packages?

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for getting in touch! The built-in Package Publisher user role includes the specific permissions BuiltInFeedDownload (along with BuiltInFeedPush and BuiltInFeedAdminister) which allows users that have that role (or any other role with that permission granted to it) to download these packages.

I hope that helps! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Didn’t work. I applied that role to the group those users are in, but nothing changed.

Here’s a picture of the new config:

I had a look at the actual permissions against Package Publisher and it doesn’t have the right one. I checked it and now it works. Thanks for steering me in the (generally) right direction.

Hi Dylan,

That sounds great! Thanks for letting me know you’ve been able to spot the missing piece here. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, don’t hesitate to reach out. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny