When upgrading, is the database upgraded by the service account or by my account?

Our octopus installation is backed by an mssql db. The service account for the octopus service has access to it, but my account doesnt. The connection string uses “integrated security = true”.

When I run an upgrade on the server as my own user, will the upgrade fail when trying to upgrade the db? Does the upgrade run the database upgrade scripts as my user, or as the service account?

Hi @zazcallabah,

Thanks for getting in touch! The upgrade does occur as the account running the installation. However, the error is a simple permissions issue. There are a couple of options.

Run the installer as the account running the Octopus service. (Or another account with permission)

Or when the installation is finished, try to restart the Octopus service. This should attempt to run the upgrade scripts as the account running the service and it should work.

If you have run into an issue here or have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.