What-is / How-to-Change Octopus Step time-out value

Hi guys,

I want to know the default time-out value of any ‘Octopus Step’ and if there is a way by which I could change it?

I’m trying to run a PowerShell Script Step to install some package on a Target machine.

I’ve seen cases wherein PS script waits for either user-input or for the installation of package to complete which sometimes is held-up due to some reason. I want to define a time-out value for the PS Script Step so that it does not go into infinite waiting loop.

Please advise!

Thanks!

@paul.calvert

Hi @rock26in,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately this feature is not available, and the only current way to do this would be to wrap your script on some custom PS logic that handles timeouts.

There’s a uservoice suggestion where you can vote to get this feature into the product, which also contains the recommended workaround from our team: https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/forums/170787-general/suggestions/6396476-add-timeout-support-for-individual-steps-and-overa

Sorry this isn’t the answer you were probably looking for. Let me know if there’s anything else we can help with.

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Alright, thanks for clarifying this. Appreciate it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.