What criteria does the auto-deploy use

Hi,

If I have 10 machines and I deploy a new version using an include on the deployment screen, do any subsequent auto-deploys do anything to any other machines? Same with excludes?

Thanks

/Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch! Since the include/exclude deployment targets setting is set at deployment time, any subsequent auto deploys of the same release will by default deploy to all machines that are applicable for the deployment of that release. So any custom selection of a subset of deployment targets won’t be saved between separate deployments.

There might be a bit of an out-of-the-box sort of solution to address what you’re after (besides having to do some not ideal work modelling your target roles, step scoping, etc.). Can you expand a bit on your goals and requirements?

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

So actually we don’t want it to use the include/exclude on any subsequent deployments, we just thought it did by the fact that some auto-deploys weren’t kicking in! Probably just a bug in the auto-deploys so we’ll investigate further :slight_smile:

Thanks
/Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for following up and clarifying that. Your additional description made me suspect that it could be due to a known bug with auto-deployments (as configured in your lifecycle) not triggering deployments to some tenants. I raised this bug previously that you can track here.

If this sounds like it could match your scenario, do you see the mentioned error message in your auto deploy logs?

I hope this helps narrow down the cause! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

I’m on a cloud instance unfortunately, but if you could check for us that would be great?

/Matt

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.