What are my options for interactive links to manual intervention?

We are using manual intervention steps to force a kind of gate on release deploy. What options do I have to send an email to the target audience asking them to approve/deny? I’m ideally looking for a way to gift them the buttons used in the manual intervention without having to have them go looking for it in the UI.

Hello @Zoren_Manteuffel

Thanks for reaching out!

I’d suggest looking at our subscription feature within Octopus. Subscriptions allow you to subscribe to events that occur within your Octopus instance and notify you via email or webhooks.

When using webhook notifications, Octopus will send a JSON payload describing the event that occurred. These details can then be consumed and dissected to respond to your specific scenario as needed.

One of my colleagues recently put together a sample showcasing the use of Octopus subscriptions with AWS Lambdas to process guided failure events and might be a good reference point to get started.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let me know if you have any more questions or would like to dive into more specifics about how this might work for your scenario.

Best regards,
Mark Butler