We want all new steps to be required by default

We basically want all new steps to be required by default. We would rarely allow a step to be skipped.

How may we achieve this?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch! In version 2018.4 we introduced the ability to mark steps as required (so they’re then unable to be skipped at deployment time). This can be enabled for any step in the Required condition on any required step as shown in the screenshot at the following blog post link:

At the deployment page where you would normally exclude steps, it will be marked with This step is marked as required and make it unable to select as shown in the following screenshot.

I hope this helps you out! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny, allow me to clarify precisely what we need. When we create a step, we want it to be required by default. Only if we explicitly mark it as optional do we want the step to be optional.

Surely Octopus has provided a global setting to facilitate this?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for following up! I actually did misread your initial message, sorry about that! Unfortunately there’s no way to change the default value of true. This checkbox would need to be selected each time a required step is created.

Sorry it’s not better news! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns going forward.

Kind regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.