Variables for ConnectionStrings not functioning with name/connectionString format

How do I get the Octopus Deploy Variables to replace my Connect String in the format of:

<add name=“Blanka” providerName=“System.Data.SqlClient” connectionString=“Server=blanka-db1;Database=Blanka;integrated security=True;” />

The documentation only states the format of:

<add name=“DBConnectionString” value=“Server=(local)\SQLExpress;Database=OnlineStore;Integrated Security=SSPI” />

Hi,

Create a variable named ‘Blanka’ with the value set to “Server=blanka-db1;Database=Blanka;integrated security=True;”. Octopus will replace the connectionString attribute. It won’t modify the providerName attribute.

Paul

Please is there a way to set the connection string attribute to include the providerName=“System.Data.EntityClient”

connectionString=“metadata=res:///Dao.EntityFramework.VpOccDataContext.csdl|res:///Dao.EntityFramework.VpOccDataContext.ssdl|res://*/Dao.EntityFramework.VpOccDataContext.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=“data source=.;initial catalog=vpocc-db-data;user id=sa;password=7343Good;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework”” providerName=“System.Data.EntityClient”

I just need it to include the provider name

Hi,

No, we have not made any changes to this functionality to allow for modifying the provider name.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you,
Henrik