Variable Sets per Environment/Tenant/Channel

Hi,
We recently decided to add a new channel, environment, and tenant to a number of our projects to allow us to support featuyre branches. We basically had to duplicate a large number of variables for this new setup and set the value and scope accordingly for them. When projects have large number of variables this turns out to be quite error prone and also very time consuming. Is there a way to have a set of variables defined for a project that you can just add en masse in this type of situation? I know we’d still have to go through and add the values but it would at least mean that we knew what variables we had and hadn’t added.
Thanks
Colin

Hi Colin,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately, this is not something that is currently possible in Octopus. I know there are currently a few UserVoice suggestions regarding variable sets, it may be worth looking into. However, in the short term there is no workaround option I can give you here.

Link to UserVoice. If you can not find one for what you are after, you are more than welcome to create your own or comment/vote on an existing suggestion. :slight_smile:
https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Daniel