V2019.4.4 Test Permission throws error

I was trying to test a user permission, but when I did, an error was thrown:

Octopus v2019.4.4

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘indexOf’ of null supportsRestriction (/app/areas/configuration/components/TestPermissions/PermissionTable.tsx:40:139) supportsRestriction (/app/areas/configuration/components/TestPermissions/PermissionTable.tsx:93:29) map (/app/areas/configuration/components/TestPermissions/PermissionTable.tsx:87:50) map (/app/areas/configuration/components/TestPermissions/PermissionTable.tsx:86:41) og (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:145:95) b.elementType;null!==a&& (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:174:122) hi (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:221:15) ii (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:222:280)

Hi Ewin,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m terribly sorry to hear you’re hitting this bug. I’ve been able to reproduce this and raised the following issue that you can track.

The workaround for the time being is to download a CSV file containing the user’s exported permissions. You can get this by hitting the endpoint OctoURL/api/users/Users-ID/permissions/export. I hope that helps you until this bug is fixed.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

I didn’t need the workaround. I just asked the user to see if the permission were applied properly.

Just reported the error to help out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.