Using the AWS tools bundled with Octopus is not recommended warning

I am using Octopus Cloud. I continue to get below warning even after migrating from Octopus worker to an execution container with custom docker image where I have my own version of AWS CLI. Can this warning be removed or is there a way I can suppress/ignore this warning in deployment logs.

Using the AWS tools bundled with Octopus is not recommended. Learn more about AWS Tools at https://g.octopushq.com/AWSTools.

Hi @vaibhavn,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry to see you’re hitting this issue. Fortunately this is a known bug that I’ll link to below. The fix for it will be shipped in the upcoming release v2021.2.7454.

The above bug report also lists a couple potential workarounds.

You can remove the warning by opening the process step and de-selecting ‘Run inside a container’, then swapping the setting for the tooling to use those on a worker, then saving the project. After, you would then re-select ‘Run inside a container’ and configure the container as appropriate.
Alternatively, you can add the OctopusUseBundledTooling = ‘False’ flag via API.

I hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any questions or concerns going forward!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.