User account in Control Center unable to connect to cloud app instance

Hello!

I’m sure this is operator error somewhere but I’m a bit stuck. I have a new user who was invited to our companies Control Center where he set up his user account. I then invited the user to the Everyone team as well as the Octopus Managers team. He is experiencing problems accessing our cloud app instance. I’m assuming I did something incorrect. He either receives a message stating “You may need to switch accounts” or he can reach the Cloud Instances tab in the dashboard but when he clicks on the instance he receives a “Request Failed status code 404”. Appreciate any and all help available.

Thank you,
Christopher Kuiper
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads
DevOps Engineer

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry to hear you are having trouble inviting a particular user to your Octopus Deploy Cloud instance, but I would be happy to help take a closer look at things.

As an initial step, we’ve recently redone our Control Center documentation, and I will link this for your reference/review. Hopefully reviewing this helps highlight where things may have gone awry, but let me know what you discover in investigating this further:

Outside of this, sometimes it can help to remove and re-add the user completely within Control Center, in case something didn’t fully connect when mapping the user to the instance.

If neither of these steps helps, feel free to upload the user’s details to the following secure upload link, and I would be glad to take deeper dive on my side as to what might be causing this issue.

Regards,

Britton

1 Like

Hi Britton and thank you for responding so quickly. I’ve followed your suggestions and was unsuccessful. I have uploaded a file with the users information in it. Maybe his Octopus accounts just need to be deleted all together and then start from scratch.
Thanks again for your help.

-Chris K

Hey @kuiperc,

Just stepping in for Britton as he will be online soon as part of the US team.

Thank you for sending the user details over, I can see they have an account at octopus.com but it looks like your Octopus instance has been migrated over to our new billing system.

I can see from the user details you are using the old https://octopus.com/control-center URL to add your users. I can also see you have no user invites on our new billing system under your instance.

Can you please use the new billing URL - https://billing.octopus.com/ and add your users in there from now on. If you add a user to the old octopus.com URL it wont work anymore so I would bookmark the new billing URL and remove the old one.

You can use the Managing Octopus Subscriptions URL Britton sent over if you get stuck with user permissions, that will also show you the new invite process your users will need to follow in order to gain access to your instance.

Let me know if that works for you,

Kind Regards,
Clare

1 Like

Hello Clare,

Thank you very much for the information you provided. I was able to invite and add a new user successfully and give said user the permissions needed to perform the tasks required.

Thank you all again for the help!

Christopher Kuiper

Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

DevOps Engineer

1 Like

Hey @kuiperc,

Great news that worked and you can now add your users, I am glad I could help!

Reach out in future if you need anything as we are always on hand to assist with any queries or issues,

Kind Regards and Happy Deployments!
Clare

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.