Use runscript steptemplate with third-party

Hello
I use a third-party library in my project. With this library, Jenkins is also creating a mission in time for deployment. I did a step to do this, but I don’t know how to add this library to the agent.Can you help me with that?

error I received ;error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘JenkinsClient’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
May 18th 2021 13:04:36Fatal
The remote script failed with exit code 1

Hi @siraykut,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Is this a Jenkins CLI that you are attempting to run within this step? If so, the best option would be to work on this outside Octopus initially. You should be able to follow the installation instructions for the CLI on the machine that the step needs to run on and test using it outside of Octopus until you are happy that everything is working the way you need.

Once that is done, it should be as simple as running the step within Octopus.

The one thing to watch out for here is the different users involved in the process. When you’re testing this locally outside of Octopus you may be logged into the OS as your personal user. However, the Octopus service will likely be configured to run as a different user. You’ll need to ensure that the CLI is installed and working for the user that the Octopus service is running under otherwise you may end up with it failing when you try to run it inside Octopus.

Regards,
Paul

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.