Upload package: Cannot start this task yet because "ServerTasks-#####" (has a write lock) tasks are currently running and this task cannot be run in conjunction with any other tasks. Please wait

Hi,

Since yesterday when I had a failed attempt to deploy a new solution I cannot retry the deployment on this particular project due to the message: "Cannot start this task yet because “ServerTasks-#####” (has a write lock) tasks are currently running and this task cannot be run in conjunction with any other tasks. Please wait… ". I went through the previous similar support topics but I couldn’t find a strait-froward solution.

I downloaded the System Diagnostics Report and the task mentioned as locking is not listed in the tasks.txt report.

My Octopus Server version is:
“Octopus.Version”: “2018.7.0”,
“System.OSVersion”: “Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0”,
“System.ClrVersion”: “4.0.30319.42000”,

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

I found in the audit my blocking task:

When I click on the task link I get the error: The resource ‘ServerTasks-74608’ was not found.

Best regards,
Florin Labou

Hi Florin,

Thanks for getting in touch! I do not believe I have seen this exact issue, though I do know we had a few issues with 2018.7.0 regarding performance & task locks.

Release note comparison from 2018.7.0 - 2018.7.14.

Is it possible for you to upgrade from 2018.7.0 to the latest version of Octopus?

Another route you could take if upgrading is not the best option, is to see if the Tasks window has any information here.

Are you able to browse to the Tasks tab in Octopus and filter by Cancelling? I know we have recently had some issues with tasks stuck cancelling, this can cause some unexpected issues and may be what is happening here.

Looking forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reaction. We updated Octopus to 2018.7.14. I verified the tasks list by status “Cancelling” and is empty. I found the problem, the target folder was locked by a post deployment script hanging process.

Please close this ticket. Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,
Florin

Hi Florin,

Thanks for the update here! I’m glad to hear that you resolved the problem.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions or issues. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.