Upgraded to V2019.8.4 error on a process

In one of our project processes, after the upgrade to V2019.8.4 we cannot see the process, we get this error

An unexpected error occurred in Octopus v2019.8.4: "TypeError: Cannot read property ‘Steps’ of null"

And see this for the process

The project still runs, just can’t edit the process

I have the JSON field output from the DeploymentProcess table if you need it.

Hi James,

Thanks for getting in touch. I’m terribly sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected bug! Fortunately we have a fix for it ready to be shipped out in the next patch release (which we’re hoping will be made available today). You can reference the bug report at the following link.

My apologies about the inconvenience this bug has caused you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns moving forward!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,

I’m also experiencing this problem, do you know when this fix will be deployed to the cloud deployment-as-a-service environment?

My cloud version is currently only v2019.8.4.

Thank you

Hi @JamesH and @ryan.gunn,

Thanks for keeping in touch. We don’t have any immediate plans on rolling out 2019.8.5 to hosted instances, however I can manually schedule an upgrade to 2019.8.5 to occur during your next maintenance window if you’d like (or I can schedule it immediately if it’s super urgent).

If so, can you send me a private message (or email at support@octopus.com) confirming your instance URL and license key?

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.