Updating Community Installed Template

Hello,

We have a lot of projects making use of an installed community step template. We would like to modify the step template (or save it as a copy) and have all of the projects use the updated copy. Is there a quick way to have all of the projects make use of the copy other than using the UI to change each project one by one?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch,

It’s definitely possible to update the Step Template for all associated Projects as you’ve highlighted.

After making changes to the Step Template, you can Update All via Library > Step Templates > Select the Step Template > Usages, as shown in the screenshot provided below;

You can either update all Projects or manually select individual Projects to update selecting Update instead of Update All

I hope this helps!

If you require any further assistance or clarification, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Hi Reece,

We have a slight misunderstanding…

I am talking about updating an installed community step template that is used by a bunch of projects and getting those projects to switch to the new modification. There is no update all button on an installed community step template that I can see…

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch,

Based on the information provided in your query, it looks like the Step Template is already up-to-date in the associated Projects, as per my screenshot provided below if there has been a change to the Step Template (and then the changes are saved) then the Usage area will provide options to Update or Update All associated Projects containing this step.

I hope this helps!

If you require further assistance or clarification, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Hi,

What I think we’re not connecting on is that there isn’t a way to modify an installed community step template. I’m not talking about a template we made on our own. I want to modify an existing template we didn’t create and have all of the projects using that template to make use of the changes. We only have an option to save this step template as a copy and at that point all projects that use the original template don’t associate themselves with the copy.

So, is the answer “no, there’s not an easy way to do this”?

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, I greatly appreciate your patience and following this up.

Apologies for the confusion earlier on, I originally understood this as a Custom Step Template rather than a Community one as you highlighted.

At this stage, there’s no way to accommodate this as you outlined, we do, however, have an existing User Voice request for this which I’ve linked below;

I’d encourage you to navigate to this request and leave your vote and thoughts as we consider each of these User Voice suggestions based on Community feedback when planning our product road map.

If you require any further assistance in the interim, however, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

Thanks, Reece! Voted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.