Untenanted Variables

Hi there,

I’m currently investigating Octopus Deploy and looking at Tenants. I have setup an number of tenant variables, some of which are required e.g. SQL Password.

My approach was going to be as follows, that we have 3 environments, Develop, Test and Live. The app would have to go through Develop & Test before going live, and a Tenant can only be deployed to live.

The issue that I have is that when deploying to develop, I’m not being asked for the SQL Password and did not want to set a default for this. Or is the best way to do this is to have a default that is overridden by the tenant?

Cheers

Ken

Hi Ken

Thanks for getting in touch!

If I understand you scenario correctly, the tenant only connected to the Live environment, and you were doing untenanted deployment to Develop. If that is right, as you are not doing tenanted deployment which requires SQL Password, you will need to provide the value in some way, e.g. a project variable with default value, it can be overridden by tenant variable in tenanted deployment.

Alternatively you could create another tenant that connected to Develop and deploy to it.

I hope this helps!

Let me know what you think and how you go.

Regards
Eddy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.