Untenanted Deployment Unavailable

We recently updated to 2019.6.4 LTS and one of our teams lost the ability to perform untenanted deployments (the project does not give an option for tenanted or untenated). We are using the system Project Deployer group and do not have it restricted by tenant. I found that I had to add the user to the “Space Manager” group to allow for untenanted deployments. Would someone be able to explain this behavior?

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch! It looks like we have found the problem.

Currently when the DeploymentCreate permission has been scoped to a project or project group, it is causing the untenanted deployment option to not be available in the UI. This is currently only an issue with the permissions check in the UI and we have just created a GitHub issue to resolve this asap.

​The workaround here would be to perform the untenanted deployment via the API as the user should still technically have the permissions to deploy untenanted.

The other option would be to remove the project group/project scoping from the scoping of the user role. This can understandably cause security issues though so may not be a viable workaround.

Let me know if you have any questions here. Hopefully we can have this resolved shortly.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the help.

Adam.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.