Unable to view environment history from deployment page when there are many failed deployments

When I look at a deployment there is the environment section on the right which lists previous deployments to this environment. Oddly, it appears to only show successfully deployments. When I click on page 2, I briefly see a page of failed deployments (this environment is used to run automated integration tests, and there are always some that fail). But page 2 quickly disappears and it goes back to displaying page 1. The same occurs for all other pages.
I know the workaround is to go to tasks to see the history. Its just annoying for the pages to disappear like that.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for getting in touch! Would you mind sharing us a few screenshots of the pages you are mentioning?

Thanks

Dalmiro

Here are some screenshots.
Env1 - the initial view of page 1
Env2, Env2b - zoomed out and normal shot of the page2 of results which only appear on the screen for a second before it reverts back to page 1

Env1.JPG

Hi Pete,

The fact that you can only see successful deployments on Env1.jpg is a design choice. There are times where a user might deploy the same version several times until it runs successfully and we believe its more useful to see the last couple of successful deployments to have a real feeling of what is actually deployed on the environment.

As for the glitch between environment pages, i was not able to reproduce that on our demo server. Could you please try to reproduce it here: https://demo.octopusdeploy.com/app

Thanks

Dalmiro

I think to reproduce the problem I would have to create a bunch of failed deployments. Do do this I would have the modify the deployment process, which I’m not able to do on the demo site.

I’ve figured out that this problem only occurs when watching the progress of a deployment in progress. I guess the refreshing of the page to report progress is also refreshing the list of previous deployments causing it to go back to showing the first page of successful deployments.

There is still something goofy going on here, even when looking at a deployment that is completed and not constantly refreshing. Initially 3 successful deployments are shown. I then click on page 2 and see 9 deployments (mix of success and failed), but there is a big gap between the last one on the initial page and the first one on page 2. When I click back to page 1 I now see 30 deployments (mix of success and failed) with the missing deployments shown. It seems wrong that I see one thing paging forward and another paging backward.