Unable to upgrade the tentacles from octopus server

We are running the Octopus 4.1.1 version and I’m trying to upgrade the tentacles version from octopus web console.

When I clicked Upgrade to latest version under connectivity on deployments target and am getting below error.

The remote script failed with exit code -1
Octopus.Worker.Tasks.ActivityFailedException
at Octopus.Worker.Scripting.ScriptResult.EnsureSuccessful() in ScriptResult.cs:line 58
at Octopus.Worker.Tentacles.TentacleUpgradeMediator.BeginUpgradeAndWaitForExitCode(String installId, TargetManifest targetManifest, IEnumerable`1 preconditions) in TentacleUpgradeMediator.cs:line 109

I couldn’t find any errors on Octopus server and tentacle log files and also I’m able to do telnet on 10933 from octopus server to tentacle and https://tentacle:10933 shows octopus tentacle configured succcessfully.

Can you please advise on this.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Could you please attach the full raw upgrade log? (https://octopus.com/docs/support/get-the-raw-output-from-a-task)

That should help us figure out why the upgrade isn’t working.

Thank you,
Shane

Attached the Raw log file for upgrading the tentacleOctopus Raw log.txt (50.4 KB)

Let me know if you need anything

Hi,

There should be a folder on your Octopus Tentacle at D:\Octopus\Upgrade\20180410041906-DDVL7. The folder should contain some logs where you can find the reason the upgrade failed. If you can’t find the reason, please zip the contents of the folder and send them.

If that folder does not exist, start a Tentacle upgrade and then look in the D:\Octopus\Upgrade folder while the upgrade is running.

Cheers,
Shane

Thanks for providing the log file location. As per log it was giving access denied for service and it looks like service account which is running on octopus tentacle service is not part of admin group.

I’ve updated the service account and then upgrade is successful.

Regards
Ramana

Hi,

Shane is currently away on some well deserved holidays, so I’m just following up on your support ticket.

Great to hear that you have successfully been able to resolve your upgrade issue.

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.