Unable to retrieve authentication token

hello,
I am repeatedly getting this exception in Octopus. What could be the issue pls? Pls find the screenshot attached.

Regards,
Rahul

Hi @rahul.bhoyar,

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus Support, and I’m sorry you’re experiencing this error with your projects.

Could you tell me which version of Octopus you’re running currently? Are you using a Docker Container Registry feed in the projects where this error occurs? You may be experiencing the bug from this GitHub issue, but I want to ensure your version and project configuration are impacted.

I look forward to hearing back, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Dan

Hi Dan,
Thanks for responding.

Octopus Version: v2022.3 (Build 10437)

I am using the gitlab deploy token in the external feed.

By replacing the gitlab deploy token by the noral Gitlab user having maintainer access the issue got resolved.

However, I need to understand why octopus is not able to pull the docker image from Gitlab when I use the Gitlab deploy token.

Hi @rahul.bhoyar,

Glad to hear you were able to get this working by switching to a user token.

I’ve done some testing, and so far I have not been able to get past the same Unable to retrieve authentication token required to perform operation error you see when using a Deploy token.

I will send this up to our engineering team to see if this is a known limitation when connecting to GitLab or if we have a bug in play. I’ll let you know as soon as we have more information, but please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!
Dan

@rahul.bhoyar,

I just wanted to update you that we’ve confirmed this is indeed a bug. I’ve created a new GitHub issue, which you can watch to track progress.

I will update you if I also have any new news to share. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.