Unable to purge folder as part of windows service deployments

We get below error as part of deployments.
We use custom deployment folder and tentacle version is upgraded to the latest possible version which is 5.0.9.
Octopus Version: 2019.10

Error details.

I already found 2 articles in this forum.
But one doesn’t have any answer and the other recommends to update the tentacle version.
We already have the latest version in our case.

In below case the file was in read only state. But in my case its not in in read only state.

There is a very good chance for the root cause to fall out of Octopus activities.
May be some other process in my system is blocking it. I posted this question here to check if someone else has faced and resolved similar issues

Hi @Falcon_Francis,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this issue, and I appreciate you confirming those details based on your research. First thing I would try is reapplying the permissions on the directory to see if that alone clears this up. One possible cause of this access denied error is anti-virus software - was anything changed in that area that coincided to when this issue started popping up?

From here, you could try running process monitor (that comes as part of Microsoft’s Sysinternals Suite) during the deployment, which should point towards the culprit. Here’s a handy guide on using Process Monitor, if you’re not familiar with it.

I hope this helps narrow down the cause of this issue! Let me know how you go, or if you have any other questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi @Kenneth_Bates

Thank you for your suggestion.
I tried with process monitor and found out that the file is blocked by the antivirus.

Hi @Falcon_Francis,

You’re quite welcome! Great to hear you’ve found what was causing this. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.