Unable to get authentication token for Jira Connect App

I’m trying to create some nice integration between our TeamCity/Octopus/Jira setups. Everything is cloud based and i’m trying to do the JIRA <-> Octopus part. I’ve been able to get Octopus reading the titles of my User Stories and tasks and creating nice release notes but now every time octopus tries to send a release update it’s throwing the error “Unable to get authentication token for Jira Connect App. Response code: Unauthorized”. I know this is an error for ‘Server’ based Jira installs but this Jira is definitely cloud based.

Now I’ve followed this guide to the letter, https://octopus.com/docs/deployment-process/issue-tracking/jira#connecting-jira-cloud-and-octopus

The interesting thing is though, it has this issue at the bottom however it doesn’t suggest how to fix it. When I ran through the process I made sure to copy all the values using the copy buttons next to them. It seemed really idiot proof so I feel like it’s a configuration value somewhere else that’s blocking this.

As a way to round this out for any who may find this in the future. This was caused because although i had the permissions to add the app i didn’t have the permissions to manage it.

1 Like

Hi Dale,

Thanks for getting in touch and updating here. I was going to make a post here for visibility of the resolution. Thankyou for doing so. :slight_smile:

If anyone else encounters a similar issue and are unable to resolve it, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.