Unable to get authentication token for Jira Connect App

reliability
(Dale) #1

I’m trying to create some nice integration between our TeamCity/Octopus/Jira setups. Everything is cloud based and i’m trying to do the JIRA <-> Octopus part. I’ve been able to get Octopus reading the titles of my User Stories and tasks and creating nice release notes but now every time octopus tries to send a release update it’s throwing the error “Unable to get authentication token for Jira Connect App. Response code: Unauthorized”. I know this is an error for ‘Server’ based Jira installs but this Jira is definitely cloud based.

Now I’ve followed this guide to the letter, https://octopus.com/docs/deployment-process/issue-tracking/jira#connecting-jira-cloud-and-octopus

The interesting thing is though, it has this issue at the bottom however it doesn’t suggest how to fix it. When I ran through the process I made sure to copy all the values using the copy buttons next to them. It seemed really idiot proof so I feel like it’s a configuration value somewhere else that’s blocking this.

(Dale) #4

As a way to round this out for any who may find this in the future. This was caused because although i had the permissions to add the app i didn’t have the permissions to manage it.

1 Like
(Daniel Fischer) #5

Hi Dale,

Thanks for getting in touch and updating here. I was going to make a post here for visibility of the resolution. Thankyou for doing so. :slight_smile:

If anyone else encounters a similar issue and are unable to resolve it, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.

Best regards,
Daniel

(system) closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.