Unable to download packages from built-in repository after updating Chrome to version 83

Hello,

We have discovered that we cannot download packages from the built-in repository after upgrading Chrome to version 83. Right now, we are running version 2019.13.7 of Octopus, but I didn’t see that this issue was reported already or fixed in a more current release. The steps that we took to replicate the issue are:

1. Go to Library > Packages.
  2. Select any package on that screen to open it’s properties.
  3. Click Download.

A new tab will open that will say “Loading” if you hover over the tab name at the top, however, nothing will download. This is the error we get in the console:

Here’s the URL in the image to the change that was made in Chrome 83: https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5706745674465280

We do have a couple workarounds. Those are:

1. Refresh the tab and the download will start.
  2. Copy the URL to a different tab and the download will start.
  3. Use Edge or Firefox.

The workarounds are fine for us since we don’t do it that often, but we wanted to bring it to your attention.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Matt Heinzelman
Cartegraph

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch! Our sincere apologies that you’re hitting this unexpected and annoying bug in Chrome 83. Fortunately this is a known bug, and a fix is ready to be shipped as part of 2020.3.0. You can reference the bug report at the following link.

Until 2020.3.0 is available, a couple of workarounds are listed in the issue:

1. Use Firefox (76.0.1 was not affected when I checked)
2. Right click -> Open in new tab (verified for the Variables -> Download as JSON case reported by this customer)

I hope this helps! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Matt,

Just a quick followup as it turns out we’ve included the fix to this issue in 2020.2.13 which is currently available on our downloads page. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks Kenny! I figured it was something that you guys already knew about, but wanted to just be sure. :slight_smile: We’ll get our site upgraded soon to get the fix.

Thanks!
Matt

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.