Unable to download package: Could not find package *** in feed:

Firstly I’m absolutely new about Octopusdeploy,

I’m using TeamCity to build my web project then try to deploy our host with Octopus, I have some dependencies and nuget packages to adding project. And I’m holding them under the folder in my local disk.

When I try to deploy my project with Octopus I have this errors.
Acquiring packages
Downloading package Venbey.Reporting.WebClient version 1.0.211 from feed: ‘C:\Venbey.Packages\Packages’
December 19th 2016 17:22:59
Error
Unable to download package: Could not find package Venbey.Reporting.WebClient in feed: ‘C:\Venbey.Packages\Packages’
Could not find package Venbey.Reporting.WebClient in feed: ‘C:\Venbey.Packages\Packages’
Octopus.Shared.ControlledFailureException: Could not find package Venbey.Reporting.WebClient in feed: ‘C:\Venbey.Packages\Packages’
at Octopus.Core.Packages.PackageDownloader.FindPackage(Int32 attempt, PackageIdentifier packageIdentifier, IFeed feed) in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\eec88466c176b607\source\Octopus.Core\Packages\PackageDownloader.cs:line 181
at Octopus.Core.Packages.PackageDownloader.AttemptToFindAndDownloadPackage(Int32 attempt, PackageIdentifier packageIdentifier, IFeed feed, String cacheDirectory, IPackage& downloadedPackage, String& path) in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\eec88466c176b607\source\Octopus.Core\Packages\PackageDownloader.cs:line 157
at Octopus.Core.Packages.PackageDownloader.AttemptToDownload(PackageIdentifier packageIdentifier, IFeed feed) in Z:\buildAgent\workDir\eec88466c176b607\source\Octopus.Core\Packages\PackageDownloader.cs:line 114
Octopus.Server version 3.7.7 (3.7.7+Branch.master.Sha.2e6b6cc94703b5a6c0bf4581e0ed6698b46e73e4)
December 19th 2016 17:22:59
Fatal
The step failed: Activity failed with error ‘The package could not be downloaded. If you are getting a package verification error, try switching to a Windows File Share package repository to see if that helps.’.

as you see on the pictures.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! From what I can see it looks like you are close but not quite there. Octopus requires a configured external feed to acquire its packages and can only pick up .Nupkg or .zip files. Any other file type will not work with the feed. The feed must also be a properly configured feed from TeamCity. A folder with the files in it that has been linked to the server will not work unfortunately.

Our website has some fantastic videos that I would strongly suggest watching if you are new to Octopus. It covers everything to get you started with deployments from TeamCity using Octopus.
But most importantly, it has a walkthrough for configuring your external feed and getting it running with Octopus.
https://octopus.com/videos - See TeamCity Built-In Feed (Though it is well worth watching all the videos here, including some of the Conference Sessions.)

Let me know if that helps or if you have any further questions. We are always happy to help. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Hey Dani,

Thank your fantastic answer, Yes as you said, I have solved my problem,

Best,

Aytaç

Get Outlook for Androidhttps://aka.ms/ghei36

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 5:19 AM +0200, “Daniel Fischer” <tender2+dac7673295@tenderapp.commailto:tender2+dac7673295@tenderapp.com> wrote:

Hi Aytaç,

Thanks for getting back! I’m glad to hear that you have it working now!

Let me know if you need any further help!

Happy deployments!
Daniel