Unable to Deploy release

An attempt to parse the variable symbol “AppPoolAccount” appears to have resulted in a self referencing loop (AppPoolAccount -> AppPoolAccount). Ensure that recursive loops do not exist in the variable values.

Hi @Tundeesanju,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit this unexpected issue. The variable value in your screenshot shouldn’t be causing this self referencing loop error. Have you recently changed this variable’s value, and if so did you create a new release to apply that change?

A handy way to help troubleshoot variable issues like this is to add two debugging variables in your project (OctopusPrintVariables and OctopusPrintEvaluatedVariables, both with a value of True), then create and deploy a new release. This will output all variables and what they evaluate to in the task log. Could you send a copy of this verbose task log? I’ve marked this thread as private so you can upload it here, or you can email it to support@octopus.com and I can pick it up from there. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps, and I look forward to hearing back.

Best regards,

Kenny

Dear Kenneth,

Thanks for the reply.

Have added the OctopusPrintVariables and OctopusPrintEvaluatedVariables to the variable part of the project on octopus but the issue still persists.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Looking forward to your quick response

Hi @Tundeesanju,

Thanks for following up! Those are only debugging variables, which will output more information to the task log to help us troubleshoot this issue. I’ve responded to your email asking for you to upload the log file to help me investigate. We can continue the discussion in that email thread. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Esanju,

Thanks for following up. Those are only debugging variables which will output more information to the logs to help us troubleshoot where the issue is. Would you be willing to attach that log file to this email for me to look into? :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenneth Bates

support@octopus.comOctopus Logo

{#HS:978131309-51406#}

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.