Unable to create or deploy release

The octopus deploy is failing with
" SQL Error 40544 - The database ‘database name’ has reached its size quota. Partition or delete data, drop indexes, or consult the documentation for possible resolutions."
I don’t want to increase the quota of my database, but instead want to remove old unwanted data so that i can have more free space to be able to create a release.

Hi @Sharjil,

You have a couple of ways of doing this:

The first would be ensuring that your retention policies are configured in such a way that old releases are being removed from the database over time. For more information on configuring retention policies, please see our documentation page here: https://octopus.com/docs/administration/retention-policies

The second would be manually pruning old records from the Events table directly. We do not recommend manipulating the SQL database directly, but in certain cases this has been needed to shrink the size of the database (when hitting quota/database limits). Keep in mind that the Events table does contain a lot of historical data about user’s actions, so you may want to be judicious with what event types you chose to remove records for.

I hope this helps, and happy deployments!

Thanks Justin ! Will look at changing our retention policies.