Unable to build Calamari on CentOS 7 with Mono

I am trying to setup a Linux machine as Octopus SSH deployment target. As described in the Octopus guide, I installed the required softwares. While building the Calamari package, I am getting the following error.

(2459,59): error CS0012: The type ‘Object’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51’

It would be really helpful if you can shed some light on this issue.

Configuration which I am using:
Linux distribution: CentOS 7.3
dotnet SDK: 2.2.300
mono-complete: 5.14.0.177
python: 3.6.3

Link to Calamari source: GitHub - OctopusDeploy/Calamari: | Public | The core deployment scripts and tools used by Octopus Deploy
Link to Octopus Guide: Redirecting to https://octopus.com/docs/infrastructure/deployment-targets/linux

Hi,

You shouldn’t need to compile Calamari yourself. Calamari is bundled with the Octopus server and is automatically pushed to the deployment targets.

When configuring the SSH target in Octopus, you are provided with the choice of two flavours of Calamari, self-contained or Mono.
In general, we recommend using the self-contained option as it means Mono does not need to be installed.

I hope that helps. Please follow up if I’ve misunderstood :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for the clarification.

I installed mono and other dependencies except Calamari in the SSH targets as you have mentioned. Now I am able to run the deployments.

Best Regards,
Suresh

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.