TypeError: Reduce of empty array with no initial value

We upgraded to 2019.10.0 this week. After the upgrade, on a few of our projects we are getting this error:

We did a quick upgrade to the latest point release (2019.10.5) and still seeing the same issue. It is not affecting all projects, only a small percentage, but these are particularly hot right now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hello.

I am seeing the same thing as well on a small amount of projects trying to deploy. It is happening when the dropdown arrow on deploy release for “Preview and customize” is clicked. At least that is when we are seeing it.

We also have version 2019.10.5.

Thank you.

Hi @sysadmin and @Eric.Postlethwait,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m very sorry to hear you’re both hitting this unexpected issue. I haven’t had any luck reproducing this behavior unfortunately. Would you be willing to send through the full exception that’s showed when viewing your browser’s dev console as you reproduce this? Additionally an export of one of these projects might help narrow down what’s going on.

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

@Kenneth_Bates, what is the “dev console”? Thanks.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for keeping in touch, and sorry I wasn’t as clear as I should have been! The dev console is a browser tool to help diagnose issues with web pages. The below screenshot shows how to get there in Chrome, and in FireFox, it’s under the overflow menu > Web Developer > Web Console.

This tool would need to be open as you reproduce this issue, and we’d like to see any errors in the console or network tabs that occur as you reproduce it.

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

Seeing the same thing when the dropdown arrow on deploy release for “Preview and customize” is clicked.

Hi Kenneth:

Here is the console log during the exception:

10.116.200.42-1573654858256.log (6.6 KB)

Am I am to email the project export to you vs posting here ? Please advise.

Hi @Kenneth_Bates, hopefully this will help out.

Dev console:

Octopus.log (6.5 KB)

Network tab:

FYI - I thought I’d share this response from email support to this thread as well:

Predictably, this is a bug. The issue has been logged and you can track its progress [here]
(https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/6007) - Github Issue 6007. The fix is likely to release Monday in v2019.10.7, preventing the UI from crashing with the error you reported.
As a workaround, also mentioned in the GitHub issue, you can still deploy through the UI post withdrawn by avoiding the Deployment Preview. Alternativelyauthor, you can deploy using Octo.exe or another API client.

Thank you for helping us track this down, and don’t hesitate to reach out with any additional questions you may have.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.