Try to start octopus manager but got this octopus prerequisites window that pops up

and hee is the message a i get : Windows 2.0 or above does not appear to be installed and on the system path on this machine. Please Install Window PowerShell or add it to tghe ststem path then re-run this setup tool.

But for your information i have windows 8.1 PRO and Power Shell 3.0 is included in that Windows version !!!

So i don’t understand ???

Any idea ?

Hi Jean,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The first thing to check is that Powershell is installed and in your Path environment variable. Can you confirm you can use PowerShell on that machine?

If you’re not sure, open a command line and type powershell and press enter. If there’s no error, follow that up by typing $PSVersionTable and pressing enter. If all that works, can you paste the results here? If not, you may need to modify the system path variable to include it.

Hope that helps!

Damo

Hello Damian,

Here is the result of my copy after typing the command $PSVersionTable in the Windows PowerShell :
Windows PowerShell
Copyright © 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Users\jnone_000> $PSVersionTable

Name Value

PSVersion 4.0
WSManStackVersion 3.0
SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1
CLRVersion 4.0.30319.34209
BuildVersion 6.3.9600.17400
PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0}
PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.2

PS C:\Users\jnone_000>

Thank you.

Jean Nonez.

De : Damian Brady [tender2+de3de0d091@tenderapp.com]
Envoyé : 4 avril 2015 21:59
À : Jean Nonez
Objet : Re: try to start octopus manager but got this octopus prerequisites window that pops up [Problems #32405]

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the reply.

PowerShell might be missing from your Path system variable.

Can you please try the following:

• Go to Control Panel -> “System and Security” -> “System”
  • Click on “Advanced System Settings” from the left menu
  • Click on “Environment Variables”
  • Under the “System Variables” window, find “Path” and select edit.
  • In the “variable value” select all and copy to somewhere like notepad.

If “C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\V1.0” doesn’t exist in that text, you’ll need to add it to the end. Make sure there’s a ; between the last entry and your new one.

Hope that helps,

Damo

Thank you very much !!!
Everything works fine now.

Jean.

De : Damian Brady [tender2+de3de0d091@tenderapp.com]
Envoyé : 8 avril 2015 01:32
À : Jean Nonez
Objet : Re: try to start octopus manager but got this octopus prerequisites window that pops up [Problems #32405]