Triggers not working

Hi, we are having trouble trying to make the triggers work for runbooks.
We have Octopus Server installed on Windows Server 2019.
OD Latest version V2023.2.12046

the error logged on the diagnostics page:

Error executing job “QueueProcessRecurringScheduledDeploymentsTasksJob” System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.

We cannot see the user that the trigger is trying to use to run that does not have the required permissions, can you explain how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Hi @nicolas.tewes,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear you are having trouble setting up project/runbook triggers on your Octopus Deploy instance, but I’d be happy to help take a closer look at the issue!

As an initial step, would you be able to upload the diagnostics package for your instance for me to review? You should be able to grab this by navigating to Configuration > Diagnostics in the server UI, but let me know if you have any trouble.

Here is a secure link to upload this package, so you don’t have to post this on the public forum.

Along with this, could you let me know if this issue is happening for all runbooks or just a specific runbook? This detail will help me narrow down things in the log.

Lastly, are you able to run the runbook manually without any issues? I just want to ensure the problem is isolated to the trigger and rule out the runbook execution completely.

Thanks for working with me to investigate this further, and looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Britton

Hi Britton

This issue is related to the On-Premise installation (Windows Server 2019.) for the customer “Pan American Energy”
OD V2023.2.12046

Database SQL Server 13.0.7024.30

If you manually execute the runbook it runs Ok.

Trigger:

Error “QueueProcessRecurringScheduledScheduledDeploymentsTasksJob” System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Acceso denegado a la ruta.

Also it is not passing the DB integrity checks

I’ll upload the requested diagnostic logs to the private link received.

Hi @nicolas.tewes,

Thanks for getting back to us with that test result and the System Integrity Check results.

First, we can get the database schema in the Integrity Check fixed with the following steps:

1. Make sure the user you’re connecting to SQL with is a member of the dbo_owner role of the Octopus database.
  2. Take a fresh backup of the Octopus database.
  3. Run the below query against your Octopus Database.
  4. Re-run system integrity check from the Octopus Portal/UI.
CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IX_User_DataVersion] ON [dbo].[User]([DataVersion] ASC) WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY];

Let me know what the results of that look like - hopefully it passes this time.

Regarding the permissions error, I was wondering if something strange is going on with the account permissions the Octopus service is running under. Would you be able to check that the service account Octopus is running under has full access to the Octopus home folder - usually C:\Octopus but you can verify the location of this in the Octopus Manager:

Let me know how it goes!

Best,
Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.