Transformation is not working

I am attempting to perform a custom tranformation using “Web.config.OctoTemplate => Web.config.template”.

In the logs I see the following:
Transforming ‘C:\Octopus\Applications\UAT\IngestionAPIREL\1.220.5386.4220_5\Web.config.template’ using ‘C:\Octopus\Applications\UAT\IngestionAPIREL\1.220.5386.4220_5\Web.config.OctoTemplate’.

When I go look at the config Web.config.template it has been unchanged. Am i doing a transformation correctly? I am on v2018.2.3.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch! I would imagine your config file is unchanged due to the file extensions of your config and transform files (i.e. template and OctoTemplate). Does the transformation change your config file successfully after changing the names of your files to something like Web.template.config and Web.OctoTemplate.config and changing your transform rule to Web.OctoTemplate.config => Web.template.config?

I hope this helps get you going! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions going forward.

Kind regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.