The package was not found in the feed

I’m referencing a NuGet package from a GitHub package feed, but the Octopus release says that the package was not found in the feed.

However, when I deploy the release it works just fine. This proves that the feed is configured correctly under Library -> External Feeds.

It doesn’t matter what the package name and version are, it happens to all packages on the GitHub package feed.

While this bug doesn’t prevent a successful deployment, it may lead to confusion with users who are less familiar with Octopus.

Is this a known bug, and is there a work around for it?

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out.

Is your instance the same as your email domain? If so, do I have your permission to log in and take a look at how things are setup? Can you please provide me with the feed name and a project+release I can take a look at to see the behavior?

If that’s not okay for security reasons, can you please privately message me the above screenshots? I would need how screenshots of the feed setup, the steps referencing the packages, as well as the pages that are throwing the errors.

Please let me know.

Best,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your response, I’ve messaged you directly with the screenshots that you have requested.

Thanks,
David

Hi,

For those following along, a GitHub Issue has been created here: Some Valid Versioning usage in External Feeds (GitHub Nuget) will result in Package Not Found in Feed · Issue #6817 · OctopusDeploy/Issues · GitHub

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Jeremy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.