Tentacle upgrade infinite loop?

Hi,

I’ve just seen a few automatic tentacle upgrades kick off and it appears to be in an endless loop. I’ve cancelled them, but also nicked the logs from on 11 minute running task where it looks to have done nothing but run a random script multiple times.

Any ideas on what it’s trying to do?

ServerTasks-76774.log.txt (146.1 KB)

The tentacle is v4.0.5 currently.

/Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m very sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected issue. Fortunately it looks like this was previously a known bug, fixed in 2019.7.8 (only one patch release away) where server incorrectly fails automatic Tentacle updates if the target machine doesn’t have .NET 4.7.2 installed. You can reference the issue at the following link.

Are you able to apply the patch or attempt one of those workarounds and let me know if that gets you up and running? :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Ah that’s great news!

Unfortunately the tentacles are not easy to manage so I’m looking at the fix. I’m on a cloud instance so how can I get the upgrade?

/Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for following up! I can certainly look into your instance - can you provide your instance URL? (You can message me privately or email it at support@octopus.com if you’d prefer.)

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the updated cloud instance, loads of machines did get updated, but there’s still a loop happening on some, with no explanation why:

ServerTasks-78957.log.txt (46.2 KB)

Any ideas? The box in question has DN 4.7.1 and PS 2.0 on it.

/Matt

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.