Tentacle Issues: Failed applying protocol

Hi - I’m having issues deploying to a brand new web server, tentacle has installed fine, Octopus server says all is fine, then when attempting to deploy I’m getting:
@@@
Failed applying protocol
System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
@@@

On the server itself, if I view the tentacle connectivity log, I’m getting:

@@@
Pipefish.PipefishException: The remote host aborted the connection. This can happen when the remote server does not trust the certificate that we provided. —> System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
@@@

Both the tentacle and the server are on their own AWS EC2 instances in the ap-southeast-2b availability zone.

Tentacle log attached. Any help much appreciated. Never encountered this before.

OctopusTentacle.txt (13 KB)

Update:

After nuking and rebuilding the web server several times, and even completely reinstalling and setting up the Octopus Server from scratch (its a new instance anyway, so not too much trouble), I was still encountering the problem. Seriously frustrating.

The thing that’s partially solved the problem is upgrading the web server instance size from an AWS t1.micro to an m1.small. The “Failed applying protocol” errors are still occurring on the tentacle, but the package is being uploaded, albeit very slowly - 27mb in 6mins which isn’t great.

Any ideas on what could be causing these connectivity issues?

Another update

I removed the tentacle from Octopus and re-added it using the private IP address of the EC2 instance (tentacle) and immediately, no errors, super fast upload to the tentacle - 27mb in 20secs.

Must be some dodgy routing going on in the AWS’ Sydney DC.