Tenanted Azure Account transform not working

Hi Guys

We are using Octopus Cloud and attempting to run a K8S script that contains the following section in one of the files.

credentials:
subscription_id: “#{AzureAccount.SubscriptionNumber}”
client_id: “#{AzureAccount.Client}”
client_secret: “#{AzureAccount.Password}”
tenant_id: “#{AzureAccount.TenantId}”

If I create a Project Variable then the transform works but if I create a Project template Variable so the Azure Account is tenanted then the transform doesn’t run.

If I enable outputting variables I can see the correct variable is detected:

[AzureAccount] = ‘azureserviceprincipal-test-test-account-spaces-1’

But then the transform gives the following error:

with Octostache returned the following error: The following tokens were unable to be evaluated: '#{AzureAccount.SubscriptionNumber}', '#{AzureAccount.Client}', '#{AzureAccount.Password}', '#{AzureAccount.TenantId}'

Hi Gert,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m very sorry for the confusion this behavior has caused you. I’ve been able to reproduce this, and it surely doesn’t feel like the correct behavior. I’ve raised this as a bug to get this looked into further, and you can track its progress at the following link.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Keith

Thanks for the response. Its looks like the previous reports on the issue is over 2 years old. So I should accept that Octopus is not going to resolve this?

Hi Gert,

You’re quite welcome. That previous report I linked to in the issue looks like the exact same issue, but was misdiagnosed. While the issue seems to have been around since at least December of 2018, it looks like it wasn’t accurately reproduced and reported. This is an issue that we’d certainly like to fix up, but I couldn’t provide any ETA on when it’ll be addressed, unfortunately.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.