Teamcity nuget feed empty via octopus client

Hi, We have recently upgrade TC from version 9.1 to v 2017.1. Upon upgrade, found the nuget feed server is empty via octopus client.

Upon checking, I could get packages via other client (eg: Visual Studio), however failing with Octopus Client.

more info at https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/TW-50664

Could you help in resolving this. Is there any location I could check logs.

Octopus version: 3.3.6

Hi Naveen, thanks for reaching out.

As a first step I would recommend upgrading Octopus to take advantage of the changes that have been made to the NuGet integration.

If upgrading does not solve the issue, can you please provide some additional information to help us debug the issue.

• How are the nuget packages being created? Are you using Octopack, the Octopus CLI, or some other method?
  • In the External Feeds section of Octopus, can you search for any pacakges, or do the results come back empty?
  • Can you supply a list of the packages that are hosted by TeamCity. Specifically we are interested in the version numbers that are assigned to the packages (like mypackage.1.0.0 or mypackage 1.2.3.4 etc)

Regards
Matt C

Hi Matt,

We are using External feed section. It’s completely empty in new TC version.

Eg: Below is how it looks like with old TC v 9.1

OneTickWindowsClient32

The 32-bit OneTick Client distribution for Windows (Visual Studio 2010 binaries).

TylerCapital.PythonInfrastructure.Python27_32bitCore

Python Distributions

TylerCapital.PythonInfrastructure.Python27_64bitCore.Installer

Installer for the Python 2.7 64bit Core Distribution.

TylerCapital.Statistics.Web.Dashboard

1.5.119-Integration

The Statistics Web Dashboard deployment package

At current situation, we prefer to solve this as is, rather than upgrade. Will there be any logs, I can see for the error or is there any property or env variable need to be defined to get feed packages.

Regards
Naveen

Naveen Karnati

DevOps Engineer
Tyler Capital
61 Robinson Road
61 Robinson Road
#11-02
Singapore 068893

t:
e: NKarnati@tylercapital.co.uk

Disclaimer
This email is intended solely for the addressee and is strictly confidential. If you are not the intended addressee, please email it back to the sender and then immediately delete it. Any unauthorised dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message is strictly prohibited. The information contained in this email and any attachments are for information purposes only. Whilst virus protection checking is in place, we accept no liability in respect of non-detected viruses.

Tyler Capital Partners LLP is registered in England with company number OC368810 and is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Tyler Capital Ltd is registered in England with company number 04971692. VAT number 927124041.

Registered address: 15 St. Botolph Street, London EC3A 7DT

From: Matthew Casperson [mailto:tender2+d7b6681aa7@tenderapp.com]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 8:10 AM
To: Naveen Karnati
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: teamcity nuget feed empty via octopus client [Problems #55934]

This message originated from outside your organization

Hi Naveen, thanks for that information. I don’t see anything about those packages that would be the problem.

You can find the Octopus logs using the instructions at https://octopus.com/docs/reference/log-files. You can also get the logs via the System Report button. The attached image shows you how to generate the system report.

You can attach the log files here for us to take a look at. However I suspect that upgrading Octopus is the only option to solve this issue.

Regards
Matt C

Attached logs for your reference. I could see that package not found error, but couldn’t see the reason for that.

The resource ‘TylerCapital.FlyCap.Clients.AutoSpreader version 3.55.2257’ was not found. (http://ld5-octopus-vm:5000/api/feeds/feeds-1/packages/notes?packageId=TylerCapital.FlyCap.Clients.AutoSpreader&version=3.55.2257)

From: Matthew Casperson [mailto:tender2+d7b6681aa7@tenderapp.com]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 11:35 AM
To: Naveen Karnati
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: teamcity nuget feed empty via octopus client [Problems #55934]

This message originated from outside your organization

octopus_logs.txt (16 KB)

Hi Naveen,
Yes, unfortunately those log files don’t provide much additional information. I believe at this point that upgrading Octopus Deploy is the only solution to integrate with the latest version of TC.

Regards
Matt C

This may be related to an issue in NuGet where the API used to expose the release notes via the API - https://github.com/NuGet/Home/issues/1823. Now that TC has been updated, this endpoint is not available, and the request fails.

Newer version of Octopus should resolve this issue.

Regards
Matt C