Teamcity integration with octopus while using raw scripting

(siva) #1

Is it possible to integrate Teamcity to octopus while we are using raw scripting in Octopus. If yes, then can you please share me the steps how to do that.

I have 3 different types of files for deployments for which I have created 3 different projects under same Org and developed some shell scripts for automated deployment and integrated them with octopus as deployment steps.

I have a zip file in the artifactory which has these 3 files. Every time my script will Curl the zip file from artifactory and then depending on the type of files it has , the respective project will trigger.

Now I want to integrate this octopus setup with teamcity and trigger the projects automatically.

(Dalmiro Grañas) #3

Hi Siva,

Thanks for reaching out. If I’m understanding correctly, all you want to do is be able to trigger a deployment on an Octopus project from a TeamCity build. If my asumption is correct, then all you need to do is Install the Octopus Teamcity plugin which will add a couple of Octopus-related build steps to your build configurations. The step you want to add to your build configuration will be called Octopus Deploy: Create Release.

Let me know if this is what you are after.

Best regards,
Dalmiro

(siva) #4

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Im not using any Nuget feed or maven feeds. everything I’m using is through raw scripting in octopus.

all I just need is to trigger the deployment (create a release and deploy) from team city.

Regards,
-Siva

(Dalmiro Grañas) #5

Hi Siva,

If all you need to do is trigger a deployment, then that plugin + step approach I recommended should get you there :slight_smile:

Let me know how that goes.

Regards,
Dalmiro

(system) closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.