Teamcity integration with octopus while using raw scripting

Is it possible to integrate Teamcity to octopus while we are using raw scripting in Octopus. If yes, then can you please share me the steps how to do that.

I have 3 different types of files for deployments for which I have created 3 different projects under same Org and developed some shell scripts for automated deployment and integrated them with octopus as deployment steps.

I have a zip file in the artifactory which has these 3 files. Every time my script will Curl the zip file from artifactory and then depending on the type of files it has , the respective project will trigger.

Now I want to integrate this octopus setup with teamcity and trigger the projects automatically.

Hi Siva,

Thanks for reaching out. If I’m understanding correctly, all you want to do is be able to trigger a deployment on an Octopus project from a TeamCity build. If my asumption is correct, then all you need to do is Install the Octopus Teamcity plugin which will add a couple of Octopus-related build steps to your build configurations. The step you want to add to your build configuration will be called Octopus Deploy: Create Release.

Let me know if this is what you are after.

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Im not using any Nuget feed or maven feeds. everything I’m using is through raw scripting in octopus.

all I just need is to trigger the deployment (create a release and deploy) from team city.

Regards,
-Siva

Hi Siva,

If all you need to do is trigger a deployment, then that plugin + step approach I recommended should get you there :slight_smile:

Let me know how that goes.

Regards,
Dalmiro

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.