Teamcity create release 404

Hi,

I’m having the exact same issue after I moved Team City from :82/ to :82/teamcity/ and octopus from :81/ to :81/octopus on my build server. I’ve updated the Octopus Release task in Team City, and updated Octopus to point at the new Feed, but somehow, that doesn’t seem enough.

The reason I did the changes, was that I’ve set up IIS/ARR as a reverse proxy on :80;
/octopus -> :81/octopus
/teamcity -> :82/teamcity

and that the reverse proxy is secured with a client certificate requirement.

I’ve looked through the Raven database and I’ve inspected Team City’s NuGet feed - but I can’t find any obvious errors anywhere :-/

Ok,

2013-10-11 14:10:56 fe80::ece2:7b45:d347:ed4e%13 GET /octopus/api/api/projects/projects-1/steps - 81 Administrator fe80::ece2:7b45:d347:ed4e%13 - - 404 0 2 49

Seems that octo.exe constructs an erroneous link to the steps collection resource, if you have relocated OD to another virtual directory / web application other than / .

–larsw

Hi Lars,

Running Octopus under a virtual directory isn’t currently supported because of issues like this.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Ok, I’ll try to hack together a fix by either fixing the faulty URLs with URL Rewrites or fork off the client tools and hack in a fix for now.

Will you support this in 2.0? IMHO it’s a good litmus test to smoke out all buggy link building code in the solution.

–larsw

URL Rewrite hack:

–larsw

Hi Lars,

Definitely something we’re going to try and solve for Octopus 2.0

Paul

Hi again,

Excellent - until then; my hack seems to work A-OK :wink:

–larsw