Team has Package Publisher role but cannot Delete Packages

I’ve got a Team set up that has the Package Publisher user role. This role includes the permission BuiltInFeedAdminister to allow members to ‘Replace or delete packages in the built-in package repository.’ Yet when the user tries to delete a package via the Library > Packages page they get an error telling them they do not have permission to do so and that they need the BuiltInFeedAdminister permission. The Test Permissions feature seems to indicate the user HAS the permission required.

What am I missing and what else can I check? We’re using v2021.3 (Build 8275).

Hi @jamie.sidoti,

Thanks for reaching out on our support forum and welcome to the community!

Can you tell me if the user role you’re using has the below permissions checked?

I also want to note that this role must be given to the user for each space separately as each space has separate feeds.

Best,
Brent

Brent,

Sorry for the delay. The role was missing the FeedView permission. I added that to the assigned user role and then had to wait a while to get confirmation… but that seemed to be the issue. Once FeedView was included the user was able to delete a package.

Thank you for the help.

Jamie

1 Like

Hey @jamie.sidoti,

I’m glad that did it for you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out again if anything else comes up.

Happy deployments!

Best,
Brent

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.